this post is brought to you in partnership with siggi’s – all opinions contained within are my own
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, I wanted to make something for you guys to show you just how much I love you! So I whipped you up this deliciously simple ONE-BOWL double chocolate yogurt zucchini bread.
Like you guys, this isn’t just any old zucchini bread, it’s extra-ordinary zucchini bread. It’s not only packed with double the chocolate flavor, but it also provides a good dose of nutrition! Talk about having your cake bread and eating it too!
You’re getting fiber from the whole grain flour and oodles of shredded zucchini, plus I added in some 4% siggi’s vanilla yogurt which provides an added protein punch with simple ingredients and not a lot of sugar.
That means this is the type of bread that you can feel good serving to the whole family (or just keeping for a Valentine’s Day gift to yourself 😉 )! Top it with a little nut butter or some more siggi’s and berries for a special V-Day breakfast, serve it with a glass of milk for a snack or, if you really want to win over your Valentines, make french toast out of it! You’re welcome.
No matter how you choose to serve it, I promise you it will be a hit.
On top of all of that, it literally couldn’t be easier to make. All you need is one bowl and a good mixer and you’re all set! If that’s not enough reason to try it, then I don’t know what is! Happy Valentine’s Day to all of you – I hope this shows you just how much I appreciate each one of you.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 container siggi's 4% vanilla whole milk yogurt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 + 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 + 1/3 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup dutch-process cocoa powder
- 2 cups finely shredded, unpeeled zucchini, gently pressed to remove some of the moisture
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 in loaf pan
- Combine eggs, yogurt, canola oil, brown sugar and vanilla together in a bowl and mix using an electric hand mixer or stand mixer
- Add in flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cocoa mixing until just combined
- Gentle fold in zucchini and chocolate chips*
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan using a spatula to spread it out evenly in the pan
- Bake for 65 - 70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from batter (you may notice a bit of melted chocolate chips on it, but at long as it's not gooey batter, you're good!)**
- Let sit for 10 minutes then gently turn over (you may need to use a butter knife to loosen the sides) onto a cooling rack.
- Allow the loaf to cool completely before slicing
*Make sure you don't over-mix or it will cause the bread to be dry and crumbly **Be careful to cook only to the point of doneness or the bread will be very dry