You guys know I love myself a good one-pot meal.
Suffice it to say, I love a dish that can hit most of the food groups with one dish/pot/pan. It makes meal time quick and easy while still knowing that you’re putting something balanced on the table.
The winner of this one-pan, fully roasted dinner is definitely the garlic parmesan potatoes. Not only does their flavor permeate all the other items on the pan, but they in and of themselves are just absolutely delicious.
You can really mix up whatever starch (parsnips, sweet potatoes, etc.) and veggie (brussel sprouts, broccoli and so on) you want to throw on the pan just make sure you’re aware of the different cooking times.
Especially when using boneless, skinless chicken breasts, you want to watch them closely to ensure they’re cooked but not over cooked.
With the green beans and potatoes, I had to pull the chicken out after about 20 minutes so they could finish cooking without over-cooking the chicken. I just keep a plate handy by the oven so I can swap out different things as needed.
Throw everything in the oven at the end for a few minutes and viola! You have a piping hot, one-pan meal all ready to serve.
- For the Potatoes:
- 2 cups baby red potatoes, halved (about 16 ounces)
- 1/3 cup freshly shaved parmesan
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- For the Chicken & Green Beans:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups fresh green beans, trimmed and cleaned
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400'F
- Combine potatoes, parmesan, olive oil, minced garlic, dried oregano, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl and toss to combine
- Set aside
- Prepare a baking sheet by spraying with cooking spray or line with tin foil then spray tin foil with cooking spray
- Place chicken breasts on prepared baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste
- Add prepared potatoes onto the baking sheet in a single layer, pouring any excess parmesan-garlic sauce over the potatoes
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes
- Flip chicken and bake for an additional 10 minutes
- Remove chicken from pan and place green beans on the baking sheet in a single layer topping with salt and pepper to taste
- Bake for another 10 minutes
- Remove pan from oven, flip green beans and bake for another 5-7 minutes or until green beans are just browned and potatoes are fork tender
- Add chicken back to the baking sheet and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until chicken is 165'F internally and all items are heated