This is one of my favorite easy meals.
I know I say this all the time, but I feel like pasta always gets a bad reputation and I don’t understand why. It’s a wonderful vehicle for vegetables, protein and dairy! It makes for the best one-pot meals.
And with my crazy schedule lately, one-pot meals are my bread and butter.
Any time I can get most of what I need out of one dish, I’m happy. It means less stuff to clean up and it makes getting the nutrition I need that much more simple!
I usually try to at least double my vegetables because I find any pasta dish a great opportunity to get tons of veggies in really easily. It not only helps to fill me up but it also adds a good amount of nutrients to the dish which I’m of course always happy about 🙂
- 1, 9 oz. package of whole wheat three cheese tortellini (such as Buitoni)
- 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 12 oz. asparagus spears, ends removed (both frozen and fresh work well here)
- 4 tomatoes, diced (you can also use ~2/3 cup halved cherry tomatoes here)
- 1/4 cup favorite homemade or store bought pesto (more if you wish!)
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a non-stick cook pan over medium heat, add olive oil, tomatoes and asparagus sautéing until they soften.
- Add tortellini to the pan with the vegetables and toss to combine. Remove from heat.
- Add pesto and gently toss to ensure pesto fully covers pasta and vegetables.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese upon serving.