This is the absolute best summer snack! It’s quick, easy and refreshing, which is just about all you can ask for when it comes to summer snacking.
Summer snacking can be tricky because you want something easy that you don’t have to cook, but you also want it to be refreshing.
While I’m also a huge fan of slicing a seedless watermelon in two and sticking a spoon in it, something about this easy snack just feels more special – despite the fact that it’s just as easy!
Plus it provides a good amount of protein thanks to the nuts, seeds and greek yogurt so it will hold you over well until your next meal or power you through your after-work, before-dinner workout!
You can also place into individual ice cube trays for perfectly portioned amounts!
- 1 32 ounce container of your favorite flavor greek yogurt
- 1 package of your favorite trail mix
- Line a baking sheet or baking pan with tin foil
- Combine bark and trail mix then spread evenly onto the foil
- Place in the freezer and freeze overnight
- Once frozen, break into chunks (large or small, whatever you prefer!)
Store in the freezer and take out right before snacking - they melt quickly!
Mollie K says
What a great idea! You could also add cocoa powder to the greek yogurt to make chocolate treats too! I am assuming these wouldn’t be good travel snacks then??
Love that idea! And yeah, I would say unless you have a cooler you can keep them in they probably wouldn’t work on the go!