Is there anything better than a meal packed with color? Not only does it appeal visually but the FLAVOR that bursts out of a dish like this is just unmatched. Not to mention it’s an easy and delicious way to pack a TON of nutrients all into one dish.
This one has it all – protein from the beans and cheese, starch from the potatoes and corn, veggies from the zucchini, tomatoes and onions and healthy fats from the avocado. It’s truly a one-dish meatless wonder. Especially given how quickly it comes together.
If you ever doubt the power of veggies, this dish should put an end to that immediately. It’s light enough for lunch but satisfying enough to work for dinner as well. I love a meatless dish that even the biggest meat eaters can enjoy as well.
It’s also a meal that’s delicious whether hot or cold so it makes for a really easy packed lunch! Just throw it in a tupperware along with a piece of fruit and you’ve got most of your food and nutrient groups covered!
You can eat it straight out of the bowl as is (that’s my favorite way), you can roll it up in a wrap with some plain greek yogurt and salsa to make a veggie-packed burrito, you can even use chips to scoop it up like a dip!
It’s super versatile so you can eat it all week without feeling like you’re having the same meal over and over again (although truth be told, I happily eat this dish over and over again throughout the week!).
- Olive oil
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1.5 cups frozen corn
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, washed and halved
- 2/3 15 oz. can kidney beans, drained
- 2/3 15 oz. can black beans, drained
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, washed and cubed
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- 1.5-2 tsp chili lime seasoning (or other favorite spicy seasoning)
- 1 medium avocado, cubed
- 1/4-1/2 cup feta cheese
- Cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil or drizzle with olive oil
- Toss cubed sweet potato with olive oil and chili lime seasoning then place on baking sheet in a single layer
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until just crispy on the outside
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat
- Add onions and carrots, sautéing until just soft
- Toss in zucchini and do the same, followed by the cherry tomatoes
- Finally add in the beans, tossing just to warm them followed by the prepared sweet potatoes
- Squeeze the juice from half a lime over the bowl and mix well to combine all the flavors
- Remove from heat and place in a bowl
- Top with diced avocado, feta cheese and cilantro