Okay, so I know it’s all about #tacotuesday but can we also take a moment for #toasttuesday?
If you’ve been following me for a while, you know I’m a huge fan of toast. There’s just so much that you can top it with! The options are seriously endless.
It also makes for such an easy meal but can feel really special if you get creative with the toppings. I literally could eat toast from breakfast to dinner with all the different variations out there.
This one though, is by far one of my faaavorites!
I know unicorn toast is a big thing right now but I’m here to tell you that rainbow toast is really where it’s at. Is there anything better than sitting down to a plate filled with color?
The more colorful my dishes end up, the more excited I tend to be to eat them. You know the saying “you eat with your eyes first”? It’s definitely the case with this toast!
Not only does it look beautiful, but it tastes amazing too. I promise it’ll be a new go-to for you. And don’t worry, if you need a meal for on-the-go, you can always put two halves together and pack it like you would any other sandwich!
- 4 slices 100% whole wheat bread, toasted
- 4 tablespoons hummus (more or less as desired)
- 8 thin tomato slices
- 2 whole carrots, peeled and shredded
- 12 thin yellow pepper slices
- 12 thin cucumber slices
- 12 thin red onion slices
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Spread hummus on the slices of whole wheat toast
- Layer 2 slices of tomato on each slice followed by a small handful of shredded carrots, followed by 3 slices of pepper, 3 slices of cucumber and 3 slices of red onion.
- Finish off with a sprinkling of feta cheese and dig in immediately!