The idea for these fries came to me the other day and I literally could NOT stop thinking about them.
There’s something about trashed-up french fries that’s oddly appealing to me. They’re just synonymous with “comfort” in my mind I guess.
And the best part about these are that they’re uber comforting but they’re relatively healthy!
They’re baked, not fried.
They’re loaded with beta carotene.
And they’re good sources of Vitamin C, potassium and fiber.
Not too bad considering how simple they are to make and how delicious they are to eat!
Just be careful…they go fast! 🙂
- 2-3 small sweet potatoes, washed and sliced into thick strips or wedges
- Cooking spray (I use canola due to its higher smoke point)
- 2 teaspoons greek seasoning (I like Penzeys but you could also make your own)
- 4 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tabelspoon chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil and spray with cooking spray
- Toss sliced sweet potato in a bowl, spray with a few sprays of additional cooking spray then mix with greek seasoning, salt and pepper
- Lay sweet potatoes out in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes (or until crispy), flipping the fries halfway through
- Top fries with feta and cilantro then serve!