If you’ve followed along with my lunchbox series, you’ll know that I love a good packed lunch! This is just another great option to add to the rotation!
That said, you definitely have to be aware of how to pack it because if you’re not careful, you could end up with soggy greens on your hands!
Here’s how I like to pack mine…
In a large mason jar I add:
- 1-2 tablespoons of dressing on the bottom
- Crunchy vegetables (carrots, radishes, celery, broccoli) next
- Softer vegetables (cucumbers, tomatoes, onions)
- Protein sources (meat, beans, tofu, nuts, cheeses)
- Extras (seeds, dried fruit, grains, croutons)
- Leafy greens
Then just pop the lid on, shake when you’re ready to eat it and you’re good to go! I like to bring a bowl to dump mine out into (just makes it easier) but you can definitely get at it with a long fork as well!
The one above has:
- Balsamic vinaigrette
- Red onions
- Feta cheese
- Dried cranberries
- Mixed greens