My sister has been visiting me all week and she’s vegan so we’ve been having a blast creating vegan-friendly dishes that we can both enjoy!
I often get the request for more vegan/vegetarian-friendly recipes from you guys so I’m hoping you’re loving these as much as I am!
If I can be completely honest, I’m not a huge cauliflower fan. I love broccoli, but for some reason cauliflower just doesn’t do it for me.
I’ve tried cauliflower pizza crust and cauliflower mashed potatoes and just plain old roasted cauliflower but I hadn’t ever found a way to prepare it that I actually enjoyed. Until now.
Cauliflower rice is the only way so far that I’ve found I can prepare it and enjoy it so a HUGE thank you goes out to my sister for introducing me to it! I’m actually so happy to have found a way to make it that I enjoy because it just means I get to add one more veggie to my diet!
And thanks to all the veggies, the heart-healthy fat from the avocado and protein from the tofu in this dish, it’s SUCH a satisfying meal.
It also only gets better as it sits and marinates too so it’s great as leftovers and holds up really well!
- 2 14 oz blocks of extra firm tofu, pressed and cubed
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 20 ounces riced cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Zest of one lime
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Add the tofu spices to a small bowl. Add the lime juice and stir to combine then add water until the mixture is pourable. Combine with cubed tofu in a ziploc bag and marinate at least 2 hours or overnight
- Preheat oven to 425 degree F
- Place tofu on a baking sheet lined with a silpat or parchment paper and bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add onion and cook on low heat until soft and slightly browned. Turn heat up to medium high. Add garlic, jalapeno, bell peppers, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper, and cook until the peppers are soft. Add riced cauliflower, vegetable broth, and tomato paste, and stir until the rice is coated evenly with broth and tomato paste. Cook on medium high heat until the rice is tender, about 5 minutes. Add lime juice and cilantro, stirring to combine.
- Serve tofu over cauliflower rice. Add avocado for serving.