This salad is awesome for so many reasons.
- It’s delicious
- It’s hearty enough to be a side dish
- It’s light enough to be served alongside something else (think fish or chicken)
- It fills you up without weighing you down
I could go on, but I get the impression you get the idea!
It lasts for about 3-4 days in the fridge and let me tell you, that’s all you need because this stuff will go fast!
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed well
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced minced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1, 15-oz. can chickpeas, drained
- Bring quinoa, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1 1/4 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, whisk lemon juice and garlic in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in olive oil. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add cucumber, tomatoes, herbs, and scallions to bowl with quinoa; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Gently toss in chickpeas.
- Drizzle remaining dressing over.
- Top with feta cheese, tossing gently to combine.