This post is sponsored by siggi’s. All opinions contained within are my own. As always, thank you for allowing me to partner with brands I love to bring you wholesome, balanced recipes!
The hot heat of summer is officially here which means I’m switching out my flats for flip flops, long sleeves for tank tops and hot oats for overnight oats!
Overnight oats are not only super refreshing, hearty and filling, but they’re so ridiculously easy. Honestly, in the dead of summer, is there anything better than a breakfast that makes itself overnight while you sleep?
I’ll answer that for you: there’s not. Especially when you have a busy 8.5-month-old who wakes up ready to GO! I can literally just grab a spoon and my jar of oats out of the fridge and I’m off and running (after him )!
Despite the simplicity of the recipe, these oats are no joke. They keep me going all morning long so I can chase after Owen without wearing out or getting hungry. They’re packed with whole grains, heart-healthy fat, fiber and protein. The addition of Siggi’s 0% Peach yogurt not only gives this dish a nice boost of protein but it also provides the perfect hint of sweetness thanks to its lower sugar content.
I personally think the flavor from the fresh fruit and the simple ingredients of Siggi’s 0% Peach yogurt is all you need, but you can also feel free to add a little drizzle of maple syrup if you need a little something more.
And speaking of the flavors – if you haven’t tried the raspberry and peach flavor combination, you need to get on that train. The tartness of the raspberry plays so well with the sweetness of the peach – it’s truly summertime at its best!
- 2/3 cup steel cut oats
- 2/3 cup unsweetened soy or almond milk
- 2/3 cup siggi’s peach yogurt
- 1-2 tablespoon chia seeds (see note)
- 1 cup raspberries, washed
- 1 peach, washed and diced
- Optional add-ins: fresh peaches, drizzle of maple syrup, tablespoon of nut butter or slivered almonds
- Combine oats, soymilk, yogurt and chia seeds together in a bowl or air-tight container and stir well. Refrigerate overnight. In the morning, serve with fresh peach, raspberries and any additional toppings of choice.
Chia seeds soak up the liquid, if you like thicker overnight oats, use more, for thinner overnight oats, use less