Hello simple summer salad filled with peppery arugula, roasted potatoes, hard boiled eggs and radishes all topped with a homemade garlic mustard vinaigrette and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese!
I’ve been VERY into salads this summer, there’s something about the heat that makes me want fresh, water-packed foods. I’ve been all about fruit, smoothies and salads.
Especially salads like this that are hearty and filling while still somehow being able to feel light and refreshing.
If you’re skeptical about putting roasted potatoes into your salad, I’m here to tell you DON’T BE!! It’s really life-changing. Or at least salad-changing.
Mixed with the garlic mustard vinaigrette and the sprinkle of parmesan cheese, it makes this salad feel like a truly hearty meal.
It’s also hitting a BUNCH of food groups all in one: you’re getting starch from the potato, veggies from the arugula and radishes, protein from the eggs and parmesan cheese and some heart healthy fat from the olive-oil based vinaigrette. Add a piece of fruit on the side and you’re good to go!
You guys know I love an easy all-in-one meal!
It’s also totally packable. Put the dressing in a separate container to add right before eating and you’re not having to deal with soggy lettuce!
- Small bag of fingerling potatoes, rinsed, dried and halved lengthwise
- Olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 rounded tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tablespoons red wine vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 4 large bunches of arugula
- 4 small radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup freshly shaved parmesan
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil and drizzle evenly with olive oil
- Place potatoes, cut side down on a baking sheet and place in the oven
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until bottoms of the potatoes are browned
- Set aside
- While the potatoes cook, whisk together mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil, whisking as you go to ensure it's fully combined and set aside
- Layer arugula into a large serving bowl
- Top with radishes, hard boiled eggs, fingerling potatoes and freshly shaved parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste
- Drizzle with dressing, toss together and serve