this easy meat-free pasta dish is packed with protein and comes together in minutes. serve with a side salad or some steamed veggies for an easy weeknight meal.
I recently had the pleasure of attending an event with barilla and while we were there one of their in-house chefs made a version of this dish and I was just absolutely obsessed with it!
It’s so incredibly simple yet somehow full of complex flavors.
I took a few shortcuts to make it even simpler (and because when I was re-creating it, it’s what I happened to have on hand!) but I have to say it came out tasting pretty darn close to the dish that was served to us!
This is the perfect Friday night dish because it’s quick and easy yet completely satisfying.
As always, you can feel free to adapt and tweak to meet your needs. Not a red lentil pasta fan? Swap in your favorite pasta type. Want additional protein? Shrimp, chicken or even white beans would be amazing. Serving to a toddler? Place the crushed pistachios on the side and top individual dishes with them.
You get the idea – make it your own and I promise it’ll become an easy favorite!Print
this 5-ingredient meat-free pasta dish is packed with protein and comes together in minutes. serve with a side salad or some steamed veggies for an easy weeknight meal.
- 1 box red lentil pasta
- 1 jar arrabbiata sauce
- 2/3 cup feta cheese, more or less as desired
- 1/3 cup crushed pistachios, more or less as desired
- Freshly chopped basil for garnish
- Prepare pasta according to box directions. Drain and pour back into the pot.
- Add pasta, feta and pistachios to the pot of drained pasta. Toss to combine.
- Garnish with chopped basil and serve with a side of steamed veggies or side salad.
Keywords: dinner, pasta, vegetarian, meatless