You guys. I think I might have just come up with something here!
Either that or this is just a thing and I’ve been living under a rock…which is completely and totally possible as well
Anyway, the other week I was pulling out stuff to make a salad for lunch and realized that I was completely out of lettuce. I was so sad because I had been so looking forward to a salad. As I sadly started putting everything away trying to think of something new to make, an idea struck me: I could spiralize the cucumber and make that the base of my salad!
I honestly couldn’t believe this was the first time that I thought to do this. It’s not like I only spiralize zucchini – I’ve done sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, rutabagas…so why not cucumbers!?
This was a salad game changer for me. I feel like it’s just another way to make salads interesting and mix it up from the usual.
This salad brings you loads of veggies, protein from the chickpeas and feta cheese, heart healthy fat from the olive oil and walnuts and tons of flavor. All that and it comes together in mere minutes!
I promise you it’ll become a quick favorite of yours in no time!
- 1 english cucumber, spiralized and patted dry
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2/3 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 4 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 2-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons red wine or balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place half the spiralized cucumber at the bottom of a large bowl
- Layer with half the cherry tomatoes, chickpeas, red onion, feta and walnuts
- Mix olive oil and vinegar together and drizzle half over the salad, mixing to combine
- Repeat with remaining ingredients into a second bowl
- Serve immediately