The full embrace of Fall flavors continues!
When I saw this fresh sweet potato gnocchi in the grocery store, this entire dish immediately popped into my head.
It’s essentially like Thanksgiving in a bowl, combining all my favorite flavors of that day – sweet potato, cranberry, brussel sprouts and walnuts.
It’s a hearty dish that certainly fills you up and gives you some long-lasting energy! It’s also pretty customizable – you can sub the dried cranberries for fresh sliced apples (or just add them in!), you can use feta cheese instead of parmesan and roasted green beans rather than brussel sprouts. You can really make it whatever you want!
You can also choose to add some chicken apple sausage into the dish to get some additional protein or just serve this alongside some grilled chicken or pork!
I love a dish that’s filling and versatile while also being easy to pull together!
- 1 package fresh sweet potato gnocchi I used one by Nuovo
- 1 10-oz. package pre-sliced, pre-seasoned brussel sprouts
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup freshly shaved parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Put a layer of tinfoil on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil
- Place pre-seasoned brussel sprouts in a single layer on the tinfoil, tossing to coat with olive oil
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until brussel sprouts are browned and crispy
- Meanwhile, cook gnocchi according to package instructions
- Drain and place back into pasta pot and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste
- Once brussel sprouts are cooked, toss into pot with gnocchi, stirring to combine.
- Add walnuts and dried cranberries
- Serve into two bowls and top with parmesan cheese