this easy burrito is loaded with veggies and comes together in just minutes making it a perfect weekday meal!
Oh hey, it’s just me, the chronic over-stuffer! I have yet to make a burrito that’s not bursting at the seams, but at the end of the day, that’s what makes an amazing burrito, isn’t it?
I think so anyway. I say, if I end up scooping up burrito remains with some corn chips, so much the better!
But enough about that, let’s talk about this little baby. It’s loaded with whole grains, veggies, protein and heart-healthy fats making it a perfect one-stop shop of a meal.
Not only does it provide a nice mix of nutrients, but it comes together in just minutes. I used a few shortcuts (like quick cook brown rice and steam-in-the-bag riced sweet potato & cauliflower mix) which made it even easier.
From there, it’s really just about assembly (see my video below!). Nothing better than an easy, satisfying and nourishing meal if you ask me!
ultimate veggie-packed burrito
- 1 large whole grain wrap *see note
- 1/4 cup brown rice
- 1/4 cup riced sweet potato & cauliflower, cooked
- 2 tablespoons black beans, heated
- 2 tablespoons corn (fresh, canned or frozen works!), cooked
- 2 tablespoons mexican blend cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh salsa
- 2 tablespoons plain greek or skyr yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mashed avocado
- a dash of chipotle hot sauce
- Open wrap and assemble ingredients in order written, then roll up, slice & serve!