Is Wednesday too early to be thinking about weekend brunch? No? Good. Because I’ve got you covered.
These whole grain banana chocolate chip waffles are just the thing to win over your family, friends, guests…and even yourself!
Trust me on that one. I ate 3 fresh off the waffle iron and never felt better about myself 😉
They’re light and fluffy but also have some staying power thanks to the added fiber from the whole grain flour and bananas which, along with the chocolate chips add the perfect amount of sweetness (and of course, a drizzle of pure maple syrup!).
You can pair them with a little yogurt for some added protein, or even just a glass of milk. No matter how you choose to serve them, they will be the perfect addition to the morning brunch menu this weekend, I promise!
- 1 and 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 bananas, well mashed
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat waffle iron
- Add flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon and salt to a bowl and stir
- Combine egg, milk and oil in a measuring cup, whisking to combine
- Add wet to dry ingredients, stirring just until flour is moistened
- Gently fold in mashed bananas followed by dark chocolate chips
- Add 1/4 cup of batter at a time to the preheated waffle iron and cook