this post is brought to you in partnership with erin baker’s granola
It’s Friday! So let’s celebrate with some cookies, shall we?
For those of you that don’t know, cookies are my absolute favorite dessert. I’ll take cookies over fudge, cake, ice cream (though truth be told, I think ice cream paired with cookies it the ultimate dessert)…just about anything you can think of.
And these cookies are no exception. They’re packed full of peanut butter and chocolate chips (a winning flavor combination if you ask me!) and made with whole grain flour so they even have some staying power!
And if that wasn’t enough to convince you that these are not your ordinary cookies, I let you in on one other little secrete. They’re granola cookies made with Erin Baker’s Homestyle Peanut Butter Granola – one of my absolute favorite granolas on the market. Not only does it have big chunky clusters, but the ingredient list is filled with just 9 easily recognizable ingredients and there are only 7g of sugar per serving!
It’s perfect for topping yogurt and smoothie bowls with but even more so when added into a delicious cookie batter!
They also come together super fast and cook in just about 10 minutes (depending on your oven). I made two batches of these and froze one to have on hand when the first runs out (which with a husband that loves cookies as much as I do, we’re already well on our way to!).
AND, to make Friday even sweeter, the kind folks over at Erin Baker’s are allowing me to provide all my amazing readers with a coupon code! Just use code “Granola917″ on orders placed at ErinBakers.com to receive 15% off your purchase of a bag ofErin Baker’s granola!* (see below for additional details)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3/4 cups Erin Baker's Homestyle Peanut Butter Granola
- 1 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl or stand mixer, cream together the butter, Greek yogurt and sugars.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking soda then stir into the creamed butter mixture until just combined.
- Finally, fold in the granola and mini chocolate chips
- Cover the bowl containing the dough with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator.
- Allow to chill 30-60 minutes.
- About 5 minutes prior to the end of chilling, preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- When oven is preheated, remove chilled dough from the refrigerator and, using a cookie scoop, drop dough onto greased cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned around edges (cooking time will vary based on oven so watch the first batch closely to gauge how long to bake each batch).
- Remove cookies to wire racks and allow to cool.
*Coupon Code Fine Print: Coupon code must be entered at time of checkout. Discount can be applied to regular priced Granola. One time use per person. Cannot be combined with any other offer or applied to existing subscribe & save orders. Free shipping will only apply to orders over $10 after discount has been applied for the contiguous United States. Available at www.erinbakers.com. Expires:12/31/17.
recipe adapted from allrecipes.5