This meal is literally my favorite salad stuffed into a soft, doughy whole wheat pita.
I’ve always been a big fan of salad rolled up into bread (my addiction started in college and escalated upon moving to NYC after graduating where Chop’t salad was everywhere just waiting to wrap a delicious salad up into a whole wheat tortilla).
This is slightly different though. There’s no salad dressing for one. But don’t worry, you won’t miss it because smeared on the inside is hummus and that delicious avocado yogurt sauce.
I recommend serving with juice fruit like watermelon or grapes for a full meal. You won’t regret it, I promise!
- 1 whole wheat pita, sliced in half
- 2 large handfuls of mixed greens
- 2 tablespoons diced white onion
- 1/2 tomato, sliced
- 4 tablespoons diced cucumbers
- 4 tablespoons chickpeas
- 4 tablespoons reduced fat feta cheese
- 4 tablespoons hummus
- 4 tablespoons avocado yogurt sauce (recipe here)
- Carefully open one half of the whole wheat pita and spread one site with half the hummus and the other side with half the avocado yogurt sauce. Do the same on the other half of the pita.
- Divide the remaining ingredients in half and carefully stuff each half of the pita full with them