Reality is officially setting in and I can no longer deny that soon enough I’ll be back to school.
For me back to school doesn’t signify the joy that it did as a kid (or even a college student!) but rather it gets my wheels turning for fast, easy and packable meals and snacks.
The trick is, while pretzels and chips are easy and packable, they don’t really have the staying power that I need to get me through the day.
Chickpeas, on the other hand, are not only budget-friendly but provide carbohydrate, protein and fiber.
A perfect, packable snack for the school year!
I kept these simple with a little sea salt but you can do anything – makes them sweet with cinnamon sugar or spicy with some chili seasoning!
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Drain, rinse and dry the chickpeas then place them in a bowl
- Drizzle chickpeas with olive oil and salt then mix well to coat all sides of the chickpeas
- Lay out on a baking pan lined with foil in a single layer
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, remove the pan and shake to rotate chickpeas
- Bake for an additionally 12-15 minutes, until chickpeas are crispy