I got a spiralizer this past Christmas and am ashamed and embarrassed to say I ONLY just pulled it out! However, the good news in all of this is that while it took me a while to actually pull it out, I actually have been braining storming recipes all these months.
I had pretty high expectations for how amazing spiralized veggie noodles would be and I’m happy to say that they absolutely did not disappoint.
I chose to sauté mine in a pan which made this entire dish come together in minutes (another plus in my book).
I also decided to add my 5-minute kale walnut pesto to go along with it – but truthfully it would probably be amazing even without it.
I also chose to top it all off with feta cheese which is definitely NOT optional 😉 Just kidding – you can omit it if you want but it’s really, really good so I wouldn’t recommend it.
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, washed and halved
- 1/4 white onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1-2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Optional topping 5-minute kale walnut pesto
- Wash both zucchini thoroughly and cut off ends of both
- Using a spiralizer I have a Paderno, spiralize each zucchini
- In a large saute pan add 1-2 tablespoons extra olive oil, diced onion and diced garlic over medium heat until just soft. Add halved cherry tomatoes sauteing until just soft.
- Finally add zucchini to the pan sauteing for about 5 minutes so they're soft but still firm.
- Add chickpeas to the pan and toss all together before moving into a separate bowl.
- Top with 5-minute kale walnut pesto and feta cheese and serve.