I’ve found heaven in a jar and it’s made by Big Spoon Roasters!
The sweet folks over at Hatchery introduced me to this amazing brand and I couldn’t be more excited. They partner with independent makers from all over and lucky for me, Big Spoon Roasters was one of them!
I ran into someone over at Bee’s Knees the other day who saw me looking at the Big Spoon Roaster nut butters and he – totally unsolicited – came over to me to tell me just how much he loves their nut butters. So if you don’t believe me about how good they are, believe him!
As soon as I got my hands on the jar of espresso flavored nut butter, I knew exactly what I was going to do with it!
These little guys are the perfect snack. The whole grains from the oats combined with the nuts from the nut butter make for the perfect staying power and the hint of sweetness from the chocolate chips help crush that afternoon sweet tooth craving!
- 1 cup oats (I used old fashioned but quick cooking would work well too)
- 1/3 cup clover honey
- 1/2 cup Big Spoon Roasters Espresso Nut Butter
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or dark chocolate or white chocolate – whatever you like!)
- Add all ingredients into a bowl, mix together well (I find it's easiest just to get in there with my hands, despite it being sticky!)
- Refrigerate for about 10 minutes
- While dough is in the refrigerator, line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Remove dough and scoop 2 tbsp. out, rolling in hands and placing on the parchment paper
- Store in the fridge and take with you as needed for a perfect on-the-go snack!