Another new series for your guys! I’m excited about this one and already have so many ideas for it. I often find myself wanting to pass links to articles, tidbits of information or ideas to you all so I’ve started ‘the current’ – bringing you a list covering everything from food and nutrition to travel, life and everything else in between. And feel free to submit requests below in the comments for topics you think would be helpful!
Since kids packed up their backpacks and headed back to school this week, I figured I would dedicate this week’s list to that! Even though this year marks the very first September that I won’t be heading back to school, I still LOVE this time of year. From the new pens and pencils to back to school clothes and special “school snacks” – everything about it makes me giddy.
I also know back to school time can be stressful for the whole family! So this week’s Five for Friday is dedicated to 5 easy, packable, balanced lunches! Check out my Daily Meal Plan post for how I go about building all my meals!
1. Salad & Sandwich Combo: Turkey & Cheese on whole wheat with lettuce, onion, tomato and mustard, large side salad and grapes
2. Mexican Goodness: Cheese & Bean quesadilla with salsa and greek yogurt for dipping, sweet baby bell peppers and blackberries
3. Big Salad: mixed greens, red onion, cucumbers, tomatoes, walnuts, chickpeas, feta cheese with a side of your favorite dressing, whole grain crackers (such as Triscuits) and an apple
4. Snack Lunch: Whole grain pita crackers, hummus, cheese stick, favorite sliced veggies and a pear
4. Sushi Lunch: Brown rice vegetable sushi roll with edamame and an orange
PS – Since some of you asked, this lunchbox by Sistema. I love it!0