Oh hello perfect snack-like meal that comes together in minutes while being hearty and satisfying!
Those of you that follow me on Instagram already know I love a good nacho meal once in a while. They’re so simple to make and if you’re creative enough, you can get most every food group in one little bite!
These greek pita chip nachos make it all even easier because there’s no baking required (anyone else feel like the longest 10 minutes of their lives are waiting for the cheese to melt on nachos? or is that just me and my pregnant self ) Anyway, regardless of whether or not you hate waiting for the cheese to melt, I promise you you’ll like these!
They’ve got whole grain pita chips piled high with veggies, protein from the cheese and hummus (which also provides heart healthy fat!). It’s literally the perfect meal on a pan – not bad for a meal that takes only as long as it takes to chop up the veggies and pile them onto the pita chips.
You can also add anything to this you like – chickpeas, olives, tzatziki sauce…the list goes on. Whatever your little heart desires will work perfectly.
Note: this won’t last once you top the pita chips with all the goodies so make only the amount you can eat. I recommend putting it out at a gathering – it will go fast, I promise!
- 1 bag of multigrain pita chips (such as Stacy's)
- 1/2 cup hummus (any flavor you like!)
- 1 small or 1/2 a large english cucumber, diced small
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion (more if you want!)
- 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- Greek seasoning (such as Cavenders)
- Layer pita chips on a baking pan
- Place hummus in a plastic baggie and snip the very corner so you can easily drizzle it over the pita chips (add more or less as needed depending on how much you're making)
- Top with diced cucumber, onion and quartered cherry tomatoes
- Sprinkle feta evenly across the top of the veggie & hummus-covered pita chips
- Place balsamic vinaigrette in a plastic baggie and snip the very corner so you can easily drizzle it over the the entire dish
- Sprinkle with greek seasoning