Hi guys! Since a number of you were telling me how much you like these types of posts, I decided to switch it up a little bit this week and split it out into days. Many of you have asked to see recipes for certain posts, snack ideas and weekend meals so I thought this could be a good way to answer those questions!
Lunch: Turkey and cheese on whole wheat bagel with mustard and lettuce plus cucumbers with hummus and grapes
Afternoon Snack: Trail mix (almonds, cashews and dried cranberries)
Dinner: Homemade turkey & veggie chili (recipe below) topped with plain greek yogurt, mashed avocado and hot sauce plus corn chips
Recipe for the Turkey & Veggie Chili:
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium white onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 1 medium yellow pepper, diced
- 1 medium orange pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2-4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add first 4 ingredients; cook for 6 minutes or until turkey is done, stirring frequently to crumble. Stir in peppers, chili powder and next 7 ingredients (through broth); bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in kidney beans and cilantro.
- Top with plain greek or skyr yogurt, hot sauce and avocado.
- Serve with corn chips.
TIP: Always look for ground turkey BREAST as this ensures that it’s the lean white meat chicken which is better for you.
DESSERT: A bowl of air-popped popcorn that I enjoyed while watching Friday Night Lights (I’m SO addicted!)
And that does it for Monday!
Disclaimer: I do these posts for inspiration only and in no way recommend your try to follow what I do exactly. Everyone is unique in their needs and should consult a professional or RD in their area for an individualized plan if you’re looking for one.0