This week feels like it’s creeeeeping along! Probably because I know Thanksgiving Break is just around the corner and I’m just dying to get a little rest and relaxation!
Anyway, onto Tuesday’s eats!
Breakfast: 5-minute peanut butter apple chia seed oatmeal with coffee (recipe below)
Recipe for 5-minute peanut butter apple chia seed oatmeal
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ~2/3 cup water or milk
- 1 small apple, diced
- 1-2 tablespoons natural, unsalted peanut butter
- Add chia seeds to oatmeal and add liquid of choice into the bowl
- Allow the bowl to sit for about 2 minutes (or until the chia seeds have soaked up a majority of the liquids) then microwave on high for 2 minutes
- Meanwhile, dice the apple
- Add the apple to the cooked oats and microwave on high for 30 more seconds
- Add the peanut butter to the bowl allowing it to get melty (so then you can stir it all together getting every bite covered in peanut butter!)
Snack: Plain greek yogurt with a crumbled peanut butter cookie bar
Dinner: Trader Joe’s pesto chicken sausage, roasted kale and roasted sweet potato ‘chips’ with homemade whole wheat bread
Recipe for the kale and sweet potato chips:
- Fresh kale
- Sweet potato, sliced thin
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Line 2 baking sheets with foil and drizzle with olive oil
- Place kale in a single layer on one baking sheet and sweet potato slices on a single layer on the other
- Bake sweet potatoes for 20 minutes, flipping slices halfway through or until lightly browned on each side.
- Bake kale for 15 minutes or until crispy.
Dessert: Plain greek yogurt mixed with natural peanut butter and dark chocolate chips
Slowly but surely getting through this week!
Disclaimer: I do these posts for inspiration only and in no way recommend your try to follow what I do exactly. Everyone is unique in their needs and should consult a professional or RD in their area for an individualized plan if you’re looking for one.0