One of the things I hear most often from family and friends is that they just don’t have time to eat breakfast in the morning.
I can definitely relate to rushing around in the morning or not wanting to get up a half hour earlier just to be able to fit breakfast in.
But luckily, with this easy breakfast, you can get those extra minutes of sleep AND a filling breakfast before you leave the house.
From start to finish this dish takes 3 minutes. No need to lose any sleep for this breakfast! Make the oats while you get dressed then pull out, top with chia seeds and trail mix. Drizzle with a little almond milk if you desire and you’re done!
- 1/2 cup old fashion oats
- 2/3 cup water or milk
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- Nut, seed and dried fruit trail mix (I love Trader Joe's Omega Trek Mix)
- Optional: Additional milk to pour over cooked oats
- Mix together oats and water or milk (use more liquid for thinner oatmeal, less for thicker oatmeal)
- Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes, 30 seconds
- Remove from microwave, top with chia seeds and trail mix
- Optional: Pour additional milk over the cooked oats to thin out if needed
You can add the chia seeds prior to cooking for super thick oats. Just combine oats, chia seeds and liquid then let sit for about 1-2 minutes until chia seeds have absorbed some of the liquid then follow cooking instructions as needed.