this easy meal comes together quickly and works any time of day
I put my own spin on it based on what I had on hand, but I’ll definitely be making the original version posted at some point too!
This meal was quick, easy, and best of all, works any time of day. Check their original, give my twist a try or better yet, make your own version!
cheesy veggie eggs & hash browns
- 1 20 oz. package of hash browns I used Simply Potato brand but Trader Joe’s also makes one
- 6 eggs scrambled with a splash of milk
- 1 cup diced veggies I used red onion, zucchini and red pepper, but any variety you have on hand would work
- Shredded cheese any kind you like best, I used Colby Jack but Mexican blend, white cheddar or Monterey Jack would also work
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: salsa, sliced avocado, cilantro, hot sauce
- Cook hash browns according to package instructions, season and set aside.
- Place a pat of butter in a non-stick saute pan over medium-low heat. Once melted, swirl to cover the pan then add veggies. Cook until tender (5-7 minutes) then add eggs. Season as desired.
- Cook until eggs are done then sprinkle with a generous helping of shredded cheese.
- Layer cheesy veggie eggs over hash browns then top with desired toppings.