this is my spin on a cobb salad. it’s fresh, delicious and super easy to pull together making it a warm weather must.
I created something similar to this salad the other day at Panera and ever since I’ve been absolutely obsessed. I’m not into bleu cheese so I sub feta, and I find rinsing a can of chickpeas way easier than trying to cook a chicken breast. I also used a meatless bacon that I had on hand in lieu of the regular stuff.
Other than that, I stay pretty true to a traditional cobb salad, but in my opinion, this one takes the cake!
Note that I don’t do a lot of measuring when I cook, so most ingredient amounts are approximations!
chickpea cobb salad
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, washed and roughly chopped
- ~1/2 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 6 pieces bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 eggs hard boiled and quartered lengthwise
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup diced red onion
- NYT cobb salad recipe (see below for link)
- Layer all ingredients then top with dressing.
- I used the NYT cobb salad dressing recipe.
- I don’t do a lot of measuring when I cook, so most ingredient amounts in my recipes are approximations! Have fun with it and make it your own!