this is my spin on a cobb salad. it’s fresh, delicious and super easy to pull together making it a warm weather must.
I created something similar to this salad the other day at Panera and ever since I’ve been absolutely obsessed. I’m not into bleu cheese so I sub feta, and I find rinsing a can of chickpeas way easier than trying to cook a chicken breast. I also used a meatless bacon that I had on hand in lieu of the regular stuff.
Other than that, I stay pretty true to a traditional cobb salad, but in my opinion, this one takes the cake!
Note that I don’t do a lot of measuring when I cook, so most ingredient amounts are approximations!
chickpea cobb salad
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, washed and roughly chopped
- ~1/2 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 6 pieces bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 eggs hard boiled and quartered lengthwise
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup diced red onion
- NYT cobb salad recipe (see below for link)
- Layer all ingredients then top with dressing.
- I used the NYT cobb salad dressing recipe.
- I don’t do a lot of measuring when I cook, so most ingredient amounts in my recipes are approximations! Have fun with it and make it your own!
This salad looks great! It looks like the chickpeas are missing in the ingredients list, how much did you use?
Oh my goodness, so sorry about that! I used about 1/2 a can! Will update now 🙂