It’s Friday! And I happened to miss Pi(e) Day, so what better way to celebrate both things than with these easy, veggie-loaded whole grain flatbread pizzas??
If you’re thinking “there is no better way” than we’re on the same page 😉
These come together so quickly which makes them the perfect Friday meal! It’s even a great meal to get kids involved in the kitchen. Put out a little sauce and some chopped veggies and let them go to town!
Then all you have to do is top with a little bit of cheese and you’re got a delicious meal on your hands.
There’s not much else to say about these babies. They’re packed with fiber from the whole grain pita and veggies, they offer some protein thanks to the cheese and TONS of flavor. Plus, pretty much anything goes – whatever veggies you have on hand will work! 10 minutes in the oven (or until the cheese is all bubbly and melty) and dinner is served.
Happy Pizza Friday everyone!
- 4 whole grain flatbreads
- 1 jar favorite marinara or pizza sauce
- 4 cups chopped veggies of your choosing
- 8 tablespoons pesto
- 1 8oz. ball fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 4 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Place flatbreads on a baking sheet
- Top each flatbread with about 1/4 cup sauce (more or less as you prefer)
- Add 1 cup of veggies to each flatbread
- Spoon 2 tablespoons pesto over each flatbread
- Top each with 2 oz. mozzarella
- Sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted, bubbly and just browning