crisp lettuce is combined with crunchy veggies and creamy cheese then topped of with homemade croutons – top with your favorite protein and you’ve got a perfect mid-day meal.
I’ve been so addicted to this salad lately.
It all started because a favorite restaurant of ours has a version of it on the menu and from the moment I tried it, I was in love.
At first read, it doesn’t seem like anything special, but at first bite, you’ll realize just how wrong that impression is!
It may seem like a random combination of vegetables, but they actually work together incredibly well.
You can use any type of lettuce but I highly recommend a red leaf boston bibb – the texture of it plays really well with the rest of the super crunchy carrots and radish slices.
Croutons aren’t necessary but I really think you’d be missing out not to include them. It’s as easy as toasting up a few chunks of hearty whole grain bread tossed with olive oil and they pair perfectly with the creamy cheese.
Speaking of the cheese, I used feta because it’s what I had on hand, but you can also use a creamy goat cheese. It’s little bit of tang goes so well with the rest of the dish.
Serve as a side along with dinner or top with protein and make it lunch! No matter how you serve it, I promise you’ll love it!
- 2 large handfuls of torn red leaf boston bibb lettuce
- 2 radishes, washed and thinly sliced
- 2 small tomatoes, sliced into wedges
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 an avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup feta or goat cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: homemade croutons, balsamic vinaigrette (or other dressing of your choice)
- Combine ingredients into a bowl, toss with dressing of your choice