I need to tell you something wonderful.
These pancakes don’t have gluten in them. Seriously.
You can’t be upset when you live in a world where you can have a fluffy stack of pancakes for breakfast without needing wheat flour.
I’ll be the first to admit that I was skeptically optimistic about these but I’m happy to say that my skepticism was erased the moment I lifted the first one off the griddle.
And even more so when I bit into this stack. It was like biting into light, fluffy banana bread.
These are the real deal guys. Legit gluten-free, Paleo-friendly pancakes.
Gluten-Free Banana Bread Pancakes (from Tina’s OMG, Pancakes!)
Makes 6-8 pancakes
- 3 bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup almond meal/flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat (spray with coconut oil if you’d like to ensure pancakes won’t stick)
- Lightly mash bananas in a bowl (or use Tina’s ‘mash-in-peel’ method)
- Combine mashed bananas and remainder of ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop batter onto pre-heated pan, waiting just until bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake, then flip.
- Serve with warm sunflower seed butter and a small handful of your favorite berries.