This post is sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill. All opinions contained within are my own. As always, thank you for allowing me to partner with companies to create yummy, wholesome recipes!
I’ve got the breakfast of your summer dreams right here! Pillowy soft lemon-flavored waffles topped with a warm mixed berry compote. And get this, these fluffy waffles are gluten-free! Made possible thanks to Bob’s Red Mill’s genius Gluten-Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour.
I’ve gotten a lot of requests for more gluten-free recipes so I’m thrilled to have discovered a flour that allows me to swap out the wheat-based flour in my favorite recipes. And what better place to start than with my favorite breakfast item!?
Seriously though you guys, these waffles are just as light and fluffy as those that I make with all-purpose flour and literally all I had to do was an exact substitute with this Gluten-Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour. It literally makes gluten-free baking so much simpler!
The world of gluten-free baking and cooking has come such a long way since I first started in the kitchen making it not only so much easier but much more accessible. Pretty much anyone can do it now that products like this Gluten-Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour exist because all you have to do is swap it for the flour in your favorite recipes.
The lemon flavor in these waffles are perfect for summer and pair so well with the mixed berry compote. I was literally standing over the stove with my first test batch of these dipping them into the warm compote on the stove and eating them straight like that.
They honestly don’t need more than that, but if you really want to go all out you can add a dollop of yogurt and a drizzle of pure maple syrup to send these completely over the top.
I promise that putting a big stack of these on the breakfast table in the morning will make every single person at the table a happy camper. There’s truly nothing not to like about them.
- 2 and 1/2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Zest of two lemons
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 cups unsweetened soymilk
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled & diced
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup Earth Balance or butter, cold and diced into cubed pieces
- Preheat waffle iron
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl then set aside
- Combine sugar, beaten eggs, lemon juice and oil together, whisking well
- Add wet to dry ingredients and stream in milk until you’ve reached desired consistency
- Fold in lemon zest
- Add 1/4 to 1/3 cup batter to each section of the preheated waffle iron (or 1 cup if using a large round waffle iron) and cook to desired browning
- Add sugar and water to a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring continuously until sugar dissolves (about 2 minutes)
- Lower heat slightly after 2 minutes of boiling then add berries, lemon juice and salt
- Add Earth Balance (or butter if using butter) in small parts to the mixture then swirl pan around until it has melted then remove from heat
- Spoon over warm waffles and serve!