juicy pear & nutty quinoa combine with crisp veggies, crunchy walnuts, creamy goat cheese and tart dried cranberries for a mid-day meal you’ll want to eat all fall long.
Guys. I can’t stop with these autumn harvest bowls so I sure hope you don’t mind seeing them every other week 😂
Seriously though this time of year offers up some of my absolute favorite flavors and I just can’t resist trying every different combination of them possible.
I had a bunch of leftovers ingredients from my vegetarian harvest wrap but we were out of wraps so I decided to whip up a grain bowl instead!
I had some quinoa that I made over the weekend so I threw that in a bowl with some cheese, veggies, chickpeas, fruit and nuts then tossed it all up with olive oil and balsamic glaze and it was as good as I imagined it would be!
If you prep quinoa and roasted sweet potatoes over the weekend, then this whole meal takes all of 5 minutes to pull together!
If you’re a lunch packer (which I learned a lot of you are!), you can easily pack this up! Just omit the pears & the dressing, packing separately then adding right before you’re ready to eat.Print
- 2–3 large handfuls arugula
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup canned chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 small pear, sliced or diced
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup roasted sweet potatoes (see my recipe here)
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons walnuts
- 2–4 tablespoons crumbled goat or feta cheese
- For serving: salt & pepper, to taste, dressing of choice
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, toss and enjoy!
- To bring as a packed lunch, pack the pear & dressing separately, adding in just before you’re ready to eat.
Keywords: salad, grain bowl, whole grain, vegetarian