Another crockpot meal success! I promised on Instagram that I would share this meal and I didn’t have time to shoot it this week (thanks finals!), but I didn’t want you guys to miss out!
I will warn you that it is SPICY! You can adjust the recipe as needed, or omit the fire-roasted for regular to tame the heat a bit.
It keeps well, makes about 6-8 servings and is the perfect, most comforting meal for the cooler weather!
Not a chili fan? That’s okay! Try these soups!
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can low-sodium pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can low-sodium white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chipotle chili powder
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- Place all ingredients in the slow cooker
- Cook on low for 7 hours or until sweet potatoes are soft to the touch (test with a fork).