this simple and spicy yogurt marinated chicken is the perfect dish to bring to an end-of-summer BBQ.
This post is sponsored by siggi’s. All opinions contained within are my own. As always, thank you for allowing me to partner with brands I love to bring you wholesome, balanced recipes!
Somehow (don’t ask me how!) summer is winding down. It feels like just yesterday I was getting excited for the first official day to hit and now here we are, with August mostly behind us and back to school fare hitting the shelves of the store!
That said, I’m not giving up on it just yet! There are still some end of summer barbecues to hit up (and host!) and this spicy yogurt marinated grilled chicken is a perfect recipe to serve. And even if you don’t happen to be attending any barbecues, this dish makes a delicious dinner – and let’s be honest, isn’t such a bad thing since that means more for you!
The thing I love most about a yogurt marinade for chicken is that it helps keep the meat moist and tender even if you overcook it a little bit. That’s a good thing for someone like me who is certainly no grill master and can definitely have a tendency to leave the chicken on a little too long.
For this particular dish I used siggi’s 4% plain whole milk yogurt. It’s lower sugar and simple ingredients keep this easy dish loaded with flavor without any of those crazy filler ingredients. The thick texture of siggi’s 4% yogurt coats the chicken perfectly so you get a creamy, spicy bite each and every time. Plus the yogurt adds an extra boost of protein to the dish as a whole!
And don’t worry if you don’t have a grill, it would absolutely work to bake these or use a grill pan. Whatever you have at your disposal works! You can serve them straight up with some roasted potatoes and veggies, over a salad or shred them up load into tacos, burritos or even on top of nachos! They sky is truly the limit in terms of what you can do with this flavor packed chicken.
- ½ cup siggi’s plain 4% whole milk yogurt
- ¼ cup adobo sauce
- A dash of chipotle hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ teaspoon garam masala (a chipotle chili powder would also work)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Combine yogurt with garam masala in a food processor or blender and process to combine. Reserve a few tablespoons of the sauce for topping the chicken. Pour remaining sauce into a freezer-safe bag or airtight container and add chicken breasts. Toss to coat and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium and place chicken over direct heat. Cook about 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.