this veggie frittata gets special treatment when whole milk yogurt is added resulting in a fluffy and insanely creamy dish that’s loaded with fiber & protein.
This post is sponsored by siggi’s. All opinions contained within are my own. As always, thank you for allowing me to partner with brands I love to bring you wholesome, balanced recipes!
You guys, something crazy has happened! Suddenly I am LOVING meal prep. Okay, I guess I can’t take it that far – I’m no meal prep wizard or anything. I have been making more of an effort to prepare some easy meals ahead of time on Sunday though that I can then eat all week. And let me tell you, the amount of ease it adds to my life is unreal.
There’s truly nothing better than an already-prepared, wholesome meal that you just need to heat and eat. With Owen getting more active by the day, the time for me to prep and make my own meals has dwindled significantly. That means, anytime I have something made that I just need to warm up and devour, my life is 1000x easier.
Enter this veggie-loaded yogurt frittata. I love frittatas for so many reasons – they’re packed with protein, make a great vehicle for veggies, they’re a one-pan meal and are perfect any time of day! Honestly, there’s not much to dislike about them.
Now that I’ve got you on board with loving frittatas, I’m about to take it up a notch and let you in on a little secret. If you guys have never added yogurt to your eggs, I’m here to tell you that you’re missing out!
I know it might sound a little weird, but trust me that it is a total game changer when it comes to eggs. It makes them so creamy that it literally feels as though they’re melting in your mouth.
I used siggi’s 4% whole milk yogurt whose simple ingredients add a creamy texture & good boost of protein to the dish without added sugar. I highly recommend using the whole milk variety over the non-fat for this dish because I find that it creates the most velvety smooth, melt-in-your-mouth texture!
In addition to plenty of protein, this dish is also providing heart-healthy fats thanks to the olive oil and fiber from the veggies. Serve it up with whole grain bread and fruit and you’ve got yourself a balanced meal that’s not only full of nutrition, but flavor!
veggie-loaded yogurt frittata
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup broccoli florets, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup mushrooms, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup fresh parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup plain whole milk siggi’s yogurt
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prep all your vegetables and set aside. Additionally, in a small bowl, combine shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheese then set aside.
- Crack eggs into a medium mixing bowl and whisk until beaten then add yogurt, cheese & oregano.
- Place a cast-iron (or other oven-safe) skillet over medium-high heat on the stove top. Once hot add the olive oil (hover your hand over the pan, if you feel the heat, it’s ready for the oil) followed by the broccoli, mushrooms, onion and tomato. Sprinkle with salt & pepper and sauté until veggies are just tender (about 4 minutes).
- Pour the egg mixture over the veggies. Allow to sit on the stovetop over medium-high heat for about 4-5 minutes (just until the edges of the dish begin to set).
- Once edges begin to set, remove from the stovetop and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until frittata is set (*see note)
- Allow to cool then slice and serve!