These are the absolute best roasted brussel sprouts.
So good in fact that I just polished off the bowl immediately upon finishing this shoot.
The best part about them is that they can be a side dish or a main meal on their own. You’re getting protein from the cheese and walnuts, healthy fat from the olive oil and veggies from the brussel sprouts. You could toss with some roasted sweet potatoes or tofu and break it into two full meals.
The feta cheese when roasted gets nice and gooey which makes it next level good. I would say they’re best eaten right out of the oven so you get that awesome crisp on the brussel sprout, but they also reheat well, you just get a little less crispness.
Not a huge problem when all the flavor is still there though!
- 1 lb. bag of fresh brussel sprouts, washed and halved
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Line baking sheet with tin foil and drizzle with olive oil
- Meanwhile, toss brussel sprouts with 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper
- Place on baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 20-25 minutes, tossing halfway through
- Remove from oven, add walnut pieces and feta cheese and then place back in the oven keeping a careful eye on them so they don't burn. Cook until feta begins to melt and walnuts toast slightly (about 5-10 minutes).
- Remove from the oven, place into a bowl and toss with dried cranberries
Products Used in This Post:
My Beloved Breville Toaster Oven – This thing (other than my coffee maker) is my most used and loved kitchen appliance. It can do everything from toasting a bagel to roasting chicken or veggies. We even make frozen pizza in it! It is far and away one of the best purchases I’ve EVER made (well, technically my husband bought it for me a couple Christmases ago). If you’re in the market for a new toaster oven, I HIGHLY recommend this one.
White Low Bowls – Love these bowls. I use them for everything from pasta to salads.
disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links. all products are those that i personally use and recommend.2