See my first post in this series to understand a little more about how I put together my meals.
DAILY MEAL PLAN
BREAKFAST: Overnight berry nut butter oats
- Yogurt: Fage, Trader Joe’s, Siggi’s
- Nut Butter: Trader Joe’s, Crazy Richard’s, Maranatha
- Chia seeds: I recommend buying these from the bulk bins at your local grocery store – much more affordable! Trader Joe’s also sells a bag for $4.99
- Berries: I buy a bag of frozen berries and mix them in the night before – they thaw well in the fridge overnight. Just make sure you’re buying frozen berries that contain no additional sugar
LUNCH: 2 scrambled eggs with cheese, roasted green beans and sweet potatoes plus a piece of fruit
- Green Beans: I like to buy fresh rather than frozen as I think they roast better that way, but either will work so go with your preference!
- Edamame: I like to buy a bag of frozen edamame still in the pod – go for unsalted versions if you’re watching your salt intake
- Black Beans: I’m not picky about the brand but I do always look for no-salt added or low-sodium if I’m buying canned
- Turkey: Look for ground turkey breast rather than just ground turkey as that will ensure you’re getting the leanest cut