You guys probably don’t know this but I’m mildly obsessed with those Edible Arrangement fruit baskets. Chad is well-versed in the fact that they’re the only type of bouquet that will do for me.
Okay, well not the only type…but they’re definitely one of my favorites.
So you can imagine my excitement when I realized how ridiculously simple it would be to re-create one of my favorites from them right at home!
Also? I promise this is not a sponsored post. I just really, really love Edible Arrangements.
When I had the idea to add chopped peanuts to a few of them my head pretty much exploded (it’s no secret how much I love the chocolate + peanut butter flavor combination).
I might even like these more than the Edible Arrangement ones…it’s hard to beat the chopped peanut addition.
Anyway, if you’re looking for an easy (and delicious) Valentine’s Day gift…this is it! I promise any and all receivers will love it.
- 1 medium macintosh apple, cored and sliced into wedges (I recommend squeezing a little lemon juice on the wedges to help preserve the apple)
- 1.5 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped (I used a food processor and pulsed until small crumbs formed - just be careful not to go too long or you'll end up with peanut butter!)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Over a double boiler (aka a heat-proof dish over a boiling pot of water), melt the dark chocolate chips
- Dip apple wedges into melted chocolate, covering thoroughly then scoop out with a fork and gently tap the fork on the edge of the bowl until most of the excess chocolate has fallen off
- Place the chocolate covered apple on the parchment paper and immediately top with crushed peanuts
- Repeat until all wedges have been covered
- Place parchment sheet lined pan in the refrigerator and allow chocolate to harden for several hours
- Store in an airtight container for up to a few days
I hand-sprinkled the peanuts over the apple wedges in lieu of dipping the freshly chocolate dipped wedges into the chopped peanut bowl.