For those of you that read the blog regularly, I’ve been doing my Daily Meal Plan series for some time now. I thought it would be fun for the month of January to switch it up and provide you 4 weekly meal plans.
So for each week in January, I’ll write up 5 breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner ideas to help get you through the work week. This is actually exactly what I do each week before I go grocery shopping, that way I have some idea of what I’m going to get (it also helps keep my budget in check).
If you guys like it, I can work in themed plans in the future (i.e. vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, etc.) to give everyone, no matter their dietary needs, an idea of a balanced week of eating.
If you make anything from this, share it using #caitsplatemealplan so I can see!
- Strawberry banana smoothie with 1 slice of whole grain bread spread with nut or seed butter – recipe here
- Peanut butter apple chia seed oatmeal – recipe here
- 2 whole grain waffles each topped with a dollop of plain greek yogurt, diced pear, a sprinkling of chopped walnuts and a drizzle of pure maple syrup
- Plain greek yogurt with a crumbled peanut butter cookie Larabar, a diced apple and a small scoop of nut butter
- 2 slices of whole grain bread topped with almond butter and raspberry jam served with grapes
- Tuna (made with chunk light albacore tuna packed in water mixed with plain Greek yogurt, spicy mustard, diced onion and celery) on whole wheat bread topped with a slice of cheese, lettuce and tomato served with carrot sticks and an apple
- Mediterranean grilled chicken salad (mixed greens, cucumbers, red onion, tomatoes, feta cheese, walnuts, dried cranberries and grilled chicken topped with olive oil and red wine vinegar) served with a whole wheat roll and grapes
- Grilled cheese on whole wheat bread with a side salad (mixed greens, cucumbers, onion, tomatoes and carrots topped with olive oil and balsamic vinegar) served with an orange
- Hummus, cheese & veggie whole wheat wrap served with baked potato chips and a pear
- Can of low-sodium lentil veggie soup (such as Amy’s) served with a cheese stick, whole grain crackers (such as Triscuits) and grapes
- 6oz. plain greek yogurt with a crumbled Larabar
- Cheese stick with applesauce
- Small handful of fruit, nut & seed trail mix
- Bowl of air popped popcorn mixed with unsalted almonds
- Carrot sticks and hummus
- Bowl of black bean, wheatberry and veggie chili topped with plain greek yogurt, avocado, Mexican blend cheese, salsa and hot sauce served with blue corn chips – chili recipe here
- Whole wheat pesto spaghetti with sautéed vegetables and chicken sausage served with a side salad – recipe for pasta dish here
- Roasted chicken breast with roasted garlic parmesan potatoes & roasted green beans – recipe here
- Veggie-packed fried rice – recipe here
- California Club Pizza on Wheat – recipe here
SHOPPING LIST (CLICK FOR PRINTABLE VERSION):
Notes: Feel free to make subs to meet your preferences (i.e. if you don’t like grapes, sub a banana! if you’re not a fan of onions, pick the veggies you do like!) Additionally, some of the recipes will make more than one serving – feel free to eat leftovers over the weekend, or in lieu of one or more of the meals listed! Finally, you don’t need to follow this exactly or in any certain order – all meals are balanced in and of themselves so you can mix and match however you please!
If you have questions on anything above (i.e. product recommendations, specific recipes or portion sizes), just ask in the comments below!15