these easy breakfast potatoes are a delicious way to kick off a morning meal! topped with everything bagel seasoning, they pair perfectly with some jammy soft cooked eggs & avocado!
I might have just found my new favorite morning meal!
I’ve always loved everything bagel seasoning on bagels, but it only just now occurred to me how delicious it would be on roasted breakfast potatoes!
There’s nothing better than a good crispy breakfast potato, am I right? I’m pretty sure I could eat homefries at every meal and be a happy camper.
These potatoes have all the flavor of homefries but are a little easier to come together, which is a win in my book.
They pair perfectly with some soft boiled eggs. That jammy yolk melts all over the potatoes and paired with the avocado, each bite literally feels like a full-on breakfast sandwich.
I topped it all off with a little hot sauce and fresh cilantro and it was perfect. No matter how you serve it, it’s a simple dish that’s a nice twist on some classic breakfast flavors!Print
these easy breakfast potatoes are a delicious way to kick off a morning meal! topped with everything bagel seasoning, they pair perfectly with some jammy soft cooked eggs and avocado!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds baby potatoes, halved
- 2+ tablespoons everything bagel seasoning
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted and diced
- 6 soft or hard boiled eggs (or a mixture!), halved
- Optional for serving: hot sauce, freshly chopped cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine olive oil, potatoes & everything bagel seasoning.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes, or until potatoes are golden brown and crisp on the edges.
- While potatoes cook, place 1 inch of water in a saucepan with a lid. Cover and place over high heat. Once boiling, add eggs and cook for exactly 6 minutes (for soft boiled) then remove from heat and place immediately in an ice bath. Allow to sit until cool enough to handle and peel.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and layer on a serving plate. Arrange the eggs over the potatoes then top with avocado and additional garnish of choice.
Keywords: breakfast potatoes, baby potatoes, everything bagel seasoning, eggs, avocado, chives, parmesan