I’ve got a perfect easy meal for you.
These buddha bowls (literally given their name because they’re just brimming with goodness!) not only come together in a matter of minutes but it’s so incredibly filling and delicious.
They’re bright and zesty but also so completely satisfying. They also pack a pretty good protein punch considering they’re meat free (though you can always add some grilled chicken if you prefer it that way!). You’re getting protein from the quinoa, chickpeas, yogurt sauce and even the feta cheese. It’s also loaded with fiber thanks to the chickpeas and all the veggies.
It holds up well in the fridge meaning you can make it on Sunday and have it for easy grab and go lunches! That’s always a plus in my book.
I promise you won’t regret throwing this together – it’s a dish that can do no wrong in my eyes and I’m certain you’ll feel the same way after just one bite!
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup chopped English cucumbers
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 cup plain greek or skyr yogurt
- 1 tablespoon tahini (I used Soom)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Layer the bottom of a bowl with half the quinoa
- Top with half the red onions, half the cucumbers, half the cherry tomatoes, half the chickpeas and half the feta cheese
- Repeat with another bowl and set aside
- Combine yogurt, tahini, minced garlic and fresh lemon juice mixing well
- Place a dollop of the yogurt mixture in the middle of each bowl, sprinkle with salt and pepper then drizzle with olive oil
- Finish with a sprinkling of fresh parsley