spiralized sweet potato noodles are covered with rich pesto and combined with juicy tri-colored tomatoes and white beans for an easy and delicious meatless meal
I’m a firm believer that pesto goes with just about anything and this sweet potato noodle dish just proves it!
This is literally the most perfect, refreshing summer dish. It’s providing a hefty dose of veggies thanks to its sweet potato noodle base, protein from the beans and heart-healthy fat from the homemade pesto.
It’s also so incredibly vibrant and fun – there’s nothing better than a meal that’s full of color, am I right?
And not only is it beautiful but it’s full of delicious summer flavor. You can make this dish into whatever you like best. If sweet potatoes aren’t for you, try carrot, parsnip or zucchini noodles instead. Don’t like tomatoes? You can utilize broccoli or asparagus! And if you prefer meat over plant-based protein, you can certainly throw that in in place of the beans.
I adore a dish that is so completely versatile that anyone can make it their own because we all have different tastes and different needs – always feel free to make a recipe work for you!
No matter how you choose to serve it, I promise you’ll be dishing it up in big heaping spoonfuls for all to enjoy!
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and spiralized (or, two 8.5 oz. package pre-spiralized sweet potato noodles)
- 1 pint multi-flavored tomatoes, rinsed and halved
- 1 can no salt added white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2–3 cloves garlic
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 2–3 tablespoons whole walnuts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast I used Bob’s Red Mill – you can also use parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- Combine basil leaves through nutritional yeast in a food processor and turn on. Slowly stream in olive oil until you’ve reached your desired consistency
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Once pan is warm, drizzle with a bit of olive oil. Add noodles and sauté noodles until just tender but with a slight crunch (about 5-7 minutes)
- Toss cooked noodles with pesto (as much or as little as you prefer) then toss in halves tomatoes and rinsed beans
- Top with additional basil and nutritional yeast (or parmesan cheese) as desired