these simple caprese pasta takes advantage of one of my favorite summer flavors. coming together in a matter of minutes, it’s a go-to dish for warm summer days when you don’t want to be standing over a hot stove!
Okay so technically it’s not exactly summer yet, but for me, as soon as June hits, it’s summer. Especially down here in the south, the hot weather starts in May and as soon as it hits, I’m all about quick and easy meals.
This comes together in about 15 or 20 minutes, is simple, fresh and a great easy dinner making it a go-to over here.
easy caprese pasta
- 1/2 1 lb. box thin spaghetti
- ~4 tbsp olive oil (more as desired)
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 10 oz cherry tomatoes halved
- 1-2 tsp oregano or Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella (ciliegine) halved
- 1 large bunch fresh basil finely chopped
- Cook pasta according to box instructions.
- As pasta cooks, heat a large non-stick skillet over medium low heat. Once hot, add 2 tbsp. olive oil. Once the olive oil is sizzling, add garlic sauteeing until just fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Drain the pasta and set aside.
- Increase heat to medium, add tomatoes, oregano or Italian seasoning, salt & pepper. Sautee for about 5 minutes, until tomatoes are soft but still hold their shape.
- Add pasta to the pan, add additional olive oil, salt & pepper as needed and toss until heated through.
- Turn off heat and add mozzarella. Toss to combine.
- Add pasta to a large serving bowl and top with finely chopped basil. Serve.