This easy vegan hash is loaded with nutrients, comes together quickly and makes a delicious breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Who says meatless meals have to be relegated to Monday? When they’re as colorful, flavorful and delicious as this one, you’ll be happy to eat it any day of the week!
This breakfast hash is packed with nutrients thanks to all the colorful vegetables and protein from the added beans. If you feel a little weird about eating beans for breakfast, you can also sub scrambled tofu to keep it vegan OR eggs if you’re up for it.
The leftovers work really well for lunch too. You can even throw them into some tortillas, top with salsa and avocado and you’ve got delicious vegan tacos!
I think there’s a misconception a lot of the time that vegan food can’t be full of flavor and that’s absolutely not true! And if you don’t want to take my word for it, try this dish. It will convince you.
And don’t worry about not being able to finish it all in one sitting because it just gets better as it sits and marinates in all its flavors.
Can’t ask for much more than a dish that comes together quickly but is also delicious, filling and nutritious!
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1–2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 a small yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups kale, roughly chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch of chili flakes
- Optional toppings: salsa and avocado slices
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with tin foil
- Drizzle tin foil with 1 tablespoon olive oil and place cubed sweet potatoes down in a single layer
- Sprinkle potatoes with salt and pepper to taste, then toss to combine spreading back out into a single layer
- Roast for 20-25 minutes or until just browned, flipping halfway through
- Meanwhile, heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat in an oven-safe pan
- Add garlic and onion, sautéing until fragrant and onions are soft (about 1-2 minutes)
- Add pepper and mushrooms cooking until just soft, about 2 minutes
- Add kale, zucchini, paprika and chili flakes cooking another 2-3 minutes
- Finally, add kidney beans and roasted sweet potatoes, toss to combine and place the entire pan in the oven for 10 minutes
- Serve with optional toppings of salsa and sliced avocado
Keywords: breakfast, vegan, hash, quick, easy