The weather is getting warmer which means I’m craving cooler, more refreshing options for breakfast most days.
If you ask me, there’s nothing better than sunrises and sunsets. Whenever we go to the beach, I’ll always get up early to be able to catch the sun rising into the sky and stay out late to watch it leave.
Since every day can’t be spent at the beach, I decided to bring a little sunrise to my morning with my breakfast!
These sunrise smoothies are as delicious as they are pretty. Packed with refreshing strawberry, pineapple and orange flavors, they’re the perfect start to the day.
They’ve been such a nice morning treat, especially with the temperatures in the 80s and 90s here in Charlotte!
And the blend of flavors is so good – it literally transports me right to the beach. I can picture sipping it out on the back porch, watching the boaters go by. A little taste of paradise! And you don’t just have to relegate this to breakfast, it also makes an awesome afternoon snack option!
- 3 frozen bananas
- 2/3 cup frozen strawberries
- 2/3 cup frozen pineapple
- 2 small, or one large orange, peeled, de-seeded with pith removed
- 3 cups plain, unsweetened soymilk (may need more to reach desired consistency)
- For the bottom layer, blend together frozen strawberries and 1 frozen banana broken into pieces. Slowly stream in 1 cup of soymilk (more if needed to reach desired consistency)
- For the second layer, blend together frozen pineapple and 1 frozen banana broken into pieces. Slowly stream in 1 cup of soymilk (more if needed to reach desired consistency)
- For the top layer, blend together oranges and 1 frozen banana broken into pieces.
- Slowly stream in 1 cup of soymilk (more if needed to reach desired consistency)