this easy vegetarian white bean & veggie pesto pasta comes together in minutes and is sure to please the whole household – a great option for an easy weeknight meal!
Yesterday I posted about our family’s go-to spinach walnut pesto, so today I figured I had to give you a meal using it!
This is one of my absolute favorite easy meals to make with it. If you’ve followed along with me for a while then you know that we absolutely love pesto. It’s one of the only sauces every single member of our household will happily eat!
Whether we’re doing a simple pesto pasta, throwing it on our tortellini, tossing it on top of pizza or adding it to a sandwich, it’s definitely a staple over here.
I love the spinach walnut version because it’s just another way to squeeze some veggies into the day. Both Chad and Owen happily gobble it up and are none the wiser they they’re getting an extra dose of veggies. A win, especially considering they leave the majority of the ones in the pasta on the side of their plate 🙄
This also makes a great packed lunch. I especially love pesto pasta packed up because it’s totally delicious whether it’s warm or cold. If you eat it cold it just kind of tastes like a pasta salad!
You can make this dish into whatever you want it to be too. Don’t like beans? Go for chicken or shrimp. Don’t love broccoli? Any veggie you like will do.Print
- 1 box pasta
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
- 1–2 cups veggies (I used broccoli and tomatoes, but you can use any you want!)
- Spinach walnut pest0
- Optional for topping: salt, pepper, freshly chopped basil and freshly shaven parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to pasta instructions. Drain, rinse and set aside for later use when finished.
- While pasta cooks, heat olive oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add veggies and sauté until just soft (about 3-5 minutes). Add beans and cooked pasta and toss to combine, cooking another few minutes.
- Remove from heat, add pesto and toss to combine.
- Top with desired toppings and serve.
- Pasta will keep for up to 4 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Keywords: dinner, pasta, vegetarian, pesto, family dinner