I was super excited to collaborate with We Olive this month. Every February, they campaign for the American Heart Association in the fight against heart disease so I was glad to jump on board and help them spread the word.
I think a lot of people get confused when it comes to how fat fits into a heart healthy diet. The key is to look for unsaturated fats. Olive oil is a great example of an unsaturated heart healthy fat that has been shown to be beneficial for cholesterol levels and cardiovascular health (1). We Olive has a great section on their site all about the health benefits of olive oil.
While at my birthday dinner this past month my sister ordered a grilled cauliflower dish that was just out of this world. Of course it got my wheels turning for how I could create something similar at home.
When We Olive reached out to me, I thought, ‘what better dish to create with their delicious olive oil than this one?!’
Given the weather here in Boston, I chose to roast the cauliflower as opposed to grilling but it certainly didn’t take away from the dish at all!
I also decided to pair it with a chipotle adobo greek yogurt dipping sauce. The two go together so well.
It makes a great snack or even a compliment to a bigger meal. Plus it provides you with a vegetable, heart healthy fat and dairy so all you need to do is pair it with a protein and you’re good to go!
- 1 head of cauliflower, washed, de-stemmed
- 2-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (such as We Olive)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 oz. non-fat plain greek or skyr yogurt
- 2-3 tablespoons chipotle in adobo sauce (more or less depending on level of spiciness you desire)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Place cauliflower on a baking sheet lined with foil
- Pour olive oil over the head of cauliflower, using your hands to spread if needed
- Sprinkle head of cauliflower with salt and pepper to taste
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until tips of the floret just begin to brown
- Meanwhile, combine chipotle and adobo sauce with greek or skyr yogurt stirring until well-combined
- Serve warm with chipotle adobo greek yogurt dipping sauce*
*Be careful as the cauliflower may be hot. If you can't wait, I find cutting the florets off the center stem with a butter knife works well 🙂