Well, here’s the bad news.
I haven’t quite perfected my whole wheat apple cider snack cake yet…wait! Don’t leave yet! The good news is coming up….
And that’s these pancakes.
Not only are they whole wheat so they’re filled with fiber, vitamins and minerals, but they’re oozing with delicious apple cider taste.
They’re also SUPER fluffy – like little pillows of warm, apple-cidery happiness. Plus, they make your entire house smell amazing for the rest of the morning.
Drizzle them with some warm maple syrup and you have a delicious autumn breakfast that the entire family will love!
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup apple cider
- Cooking spray
- Sift together dry ingredients
- Beat egg lightly and combine with oil and apple cider
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together until smooth
- Spray a non-stick skillet or pan with cooking spray then put over medium-low heat
- Add 1/4 - 1/3 cup batter and cook, flipping when batter begins to get consistent tiny bubbles
- Cook on remaining side about 3 minutes (or until just golden brown.
- Optional: serve with warmed maple syrup